Building a grid of clouds
The EGI Federated Cloud is a seamless grid of academic private clouds and virtualised resources, built around open standards and focusing on the requirements of the scientific community.
The result is a new type of research e-infrastructure, based on the mature federated operations services that make EGI a reliable resource for science.
When using EGI Federated Cloud resources, researchers and research communities can count on:
- Total control over deployed applications
- Elastic resource consumption based on real need
- Immediately processed workloads – no more waiting time
- An extended e-Infrastructure across resource providers in Europe
- Service performance scaled with elastic resource consumption
- The User Communities wiki page has more information about the EGI Federated Cloud, how to access and use these sites, and about the communities and pilot applications that are already benefiting from the services.
- Presentations of the EGI Federated Cloud