The 43rd CERN School of Computing (CSC 2020) will take place from August 23rd to September 5th in the beautiful city of Kraków, Poland.
The two-week programme consists of more than 50 hours of lectures and hands-on exercises, covering three main themes: physics computing, software engineering, and data technologies. Students who pass the final optional exam will receive a diploma from CSC, as well as 6 ECTS credits from AGH and IFJ.
However, it’s not all study; the social and sport programme is also a vital part of the School. There are ample opportunities to explore and experience some of the great cultural, historical and natural attractions of Kraków and its region.
- March – registration opens
- Sunday 5 April (midnight UTC +2/CEST) – deadline for applications
- Tuesday 5 May – you will be informed of outcome of selections
- Sunday 14 June – latest date for School fees payment if you are accepted
- Sunday 23 August – student arrivals at Novotel Kraków City West, Kraków-Poland
- Saturday 5 September – departure
Who can apply?
The School is aimed at postgraduate (ie. minimum of Bachelor degree or equivalent) engineers and scientists, working at CERN or at other research institutes, with experience in particle physics, in computing or in related fields.
COVID-19 update: For the moment the CERN School is working on the assumption that it will not be affected by the coronavirus crisis, and will take place as planned. Therefore, if interested, please apply within the deadline (April 5th).