The service of Operational tools provides the essential toolkit to run a core infrastructure platform in a federated ecosystem. The Operational Tools available for members of the EGI Council are:
- Monitoring – provided by CNRS, GRNET, SRCE
- Operations portal – provided by CCIN2P3 (Operations portal website)
- Configuration database – provided by STFC (GOCDB)
- Security tools
- Information discovery
- Messaging brokers
There is also a range of accounting tools offered as a separate service.
The EGI Operational Tools guarantee:
- Reduced expenses – the entire tool kit is already available, and maintenance is shared by all members.
- A predictable service provisioning with high availability and reliability
- Full operational integration
- Increased efficiency of running operations in a federated ecosystem
- Easy coordination of large collaborations