The EGI-Foundation GitHub organisation has just been renamed to EGI-Federation to better reflect that this organisation is meant to host repositories that are made or supported by the members of the EGI Federation and support the Federation’s activities.
While this change should be transparent for existing repositories forks, users are advised to update their remotes configuration in their local copies by following the GitHub documentation on changing remotes.
Having a central organisation managed collaboratively is a way to help gather information about the existing repositories, giving them more visibility and making them easily discoverable while sharing knowledge and best practices on repositories management.
Examples of repositories that are available via the EGI-Federation organisation:
- Documentation: sources to build the EGI documentation site ;
- Notebooks: The EGI notebooks service
- BDII: The Berkeley Database Information Index, supporting the EGI Information System
- Cloud-info-provider: The EGI Cloud Information System Provider
- fedcloud-catchall-operations: Centralised Operations of FedCloud integration components for cloud providers
- Ansible Style guide: A style guide for Ansible use in EGI
- egicli: The EGI Command Line Interface
- Themes and modules for the EGI Check-in service
Every EGI Federation participant is welcome to propose repositories to be included or ask for creation of new repositories. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!