For the period 2020-2024, the EGI Federation identifies the following strategic goals:
- Be a trusted service & technology partner for research and innovation: improve promotion and engagement with target user groups to further solidify the EGI Federation as trusted long-term partner;
- Evolve the service offering to meet the needs of researchers: focus on innovation and harmonisation of services by working with user communities and with peer e-infrastructure organisations towards reliable research-enabling services;
- Improve skills of users/operators and maturity in service providers: deliver dedicated training and consultancy to increase the knowledge and quality of work of users and operators; align service management and delivery across the federation to best practices and standards;
- Align business models to better support cross-border service provisioning: increase the efficiency in translating the needs of services and support from the target user groups to service providers of the EGI Federation in alignment with the national and community policies and business models;
- Strengthen the governance and broaden European coverage: ensure that the EGI Federation governance remain effective in the changing environment and grow the relationships with current and future EGI participants;
- Be a recognised foundation of the EOSC: position the services and expertise of the EGI Federation as key assets for the EOSC, especially for the Federating Core.