The NBIS toolkit provides online scientific applications for bioinformatics. These include:
- Pcons.net: a Meta server for 3D proteins structure prediction;
- PconsC2/PconsC3: A method for accurate contact prediction for all family sizes;
- SCAMPI: Prediction of membrane protein topology from first principles;
- BOCTOPUS: Topology prediction of transmemrane beta-barrel proteins;
- ProQ3: Model Quality Assessment using Rosetta energy; and
- TOPCONS: Consensus prediction of membrane protein topology and signal peptide.
The tools provided by NBIS are free to use, with no registration required.
NBIS & EGI
NBIS uses Cloud Compute and Online Storage services provided by EGI. The compute and storage resources used by NBIS are governed by a Service Level Agreement signed between NBIS and three EGI Cloud Providers: INFN-Bari (Italy), IN2P3-IRES (France) and TUBITAK (Turkey).