EGI-ACE Workshop: EOSC Compute Platform
On April 5th, we are organising a User Support workshop for the EOSC Compute Platform. Registration is now open!
The EOSC Compute Platform, delivered by the EGI-ACE project, is a system of federated compute and storage facilities, complemented by diverse access, data management and compute enabling services. The EOSC Compute Platform is designed to support a wide range of data processing and analysis use cases, the hosting of scientific services, containers and data spaces.
The workshop is organised for:
- Existing and provisional EGI-ACE use cases,
- The technical support staff (the shepherds) working with them, and
- Any party who would like to learn about the capabilities and benefits of the EGI-ACE services, and the EOSC Compute Platform to use them for Open Science.
The workshop consists of two parts:
- In the morning session, overview presentations with short Q&A slots will cover the different areas of services of the EOSC Compute Platform: Compute services; Data services, Higher-level services.
- The afternoon sessionwill consist of 'use case support clinics', where scientific communities (e.g. the EGI-ACE use cases) can work with the EGI-ACE technical experts. Bring your use case and questions to the clinics! The exact topics of the clinics will be selected from this Doodle based on the participants’ interest.
<strong>Doodle for the Clinic Sessions</strong>
This Doodle collects interests for topics to be featured in the Use case support clinics sessions of the EGI-ACE Compute Platform User Support Workshop.
When filling out the Doodle please write your name + the use case (or project or institute) you represent. Topics offered in the Doodle are:
- AI/ML (model development, training, delivery)
- Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, uDocker, Singularity)
- Orchestration (EC3/IM, DODAS, Indigo-PaaS)
- Data management (File Transfer Service, caching, Rucio, DataHub, Publishing, FAIR)
- Analytics service (Binder/Jupyter)
- Authentication, authorisation, group/role mgm
- Resource allocation and access (Cloud/HTC/HPC/GPU)
Registered participants will receive the connection information in email closer to the event.
EGI-ACE is a 30-month project coordinated by the EGI Foundation with a mission to empower researchers from all disciplines to collaborate in data- and compute-intensive research through free-at-point-of-use services.
EGI-ACE receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 101017567.