EGI Foundation is hiring 2 Strategy and Innovation Officers!
Read the full job description 20220221_EGI Foundation SIO Job Description 2022 [pdf].
We are looking for a Strategy and Innovation Officer (SIO) to support the strategic planning and execution of the EGI Foundation and the wider EGI Federation for advancing computing for research across Europe and beyond. The SIO participates in EC-funded projects acquired by the foundation in both leadership and support roles, contributing to different areas of work such as: strategy, innovation management, business model development, exploitation and sustainability, and service management.
The SIO is also expected to develop project proposals to implement the EGI strategy, author high-quality written content, establish collaborations with industry and international bodies as well as organise and participate in meetings, forums and conferences, which could include being a moderator and preparing and giving presentations.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
- Support the evolution of EGI business models and the related governance
- Develop financial and organisational sustainability plans for projects and services
- Develop and maintain innovation management plans in the assigned projects in alignment with the EGI management system
- Collect, analyse and curate project results and maintain the related dissemination and exploitation plans
- Support the strategic decision-making and stakeholder engagement processes of the organisation in innovation and exploitation related issues
- Engage directly with EGI customer groups from both public and private sector (outreach, relationship building, onboarding, etc.)
- Support the definition and development of strategic innovation projects to support the implementation of the EGI federation strategy
- Author high-quality written documents and communications messages
- Contribute to EGI events and represent the organisation at conferences, symposia and meetings
- Essential Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education and training
- 2+ year experience in strategy development, business models, exploitation and/or innovation management activities, preferably in the digital/IT domain (5+ years for the senior profile)
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking capabilities
- Strong command of the English language (reading, writing and speaking)
- Ability to organise and facilitate meetings efficiently and to prepare reports
- Ability to write clear documents summarising complex concepts and situation
- Ability to collaborate with different functions and leadership levels
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to adapt the communication style to suit different audiences, both remotely and in person
- Project management skills and the ability to oversee tasks within larger projects
- Ability to work independently and remotely in the context of a distributed team
- Familiarity with IT Service Management and federated service environments
- Experience with EC funded projects, European research policies, e-Infrastructures and national/European research governance
- Experience with national and European research infrastructure governance and management
- With the Strategy and Innovation Lead and the Strategy and Innovation Team members
- With the EGI Business Development Manager
- With the EGI Innovation Manager/Specialist
- With the Management Team who will identify areas for development and provide feedback on the generated activities
- With the members and chairs of relevant policy groups and strategic initiatives
- With project partners participating in relevant projects
- With internal stakeholders to inform them on the strategy and its implementation
- With the IMS Manager and relevant staff as part of the Integrated Management System (IMS)
- The position is offered for a period of one year, renewable upon satisfactory performance
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position
- The place of work is the EGI Foundation office in Amsterdam (relocation package available) or a remote one depending on the demonstrated experience of the candidate, in accordance with the EGI Foundation terms of employment
- Depending on experience, for an employee working in the Netherlands, gross salary for a full-time position will be in the range of €4,300 to €5,300 per month, with additional holiday (8% annual gross) and end of year (5% annual gross) bonuses
- Non-native employees new to the Netherlands may be eligible for a special tax benefit
- There is a company health and pension scheme to which both the employer and employee contribute and 31 days of leave for employees in the Netherlands
The EGI Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Process and timeline
- Closing date for applications: 20 March 2022
- Online interviews: 28 March – 8 April 2022
- Expected starting date: ideally in June/July 2022
To apply, we invite you to send us the following two items by email, to email@example.com:
- A cover letter (in PDF format), explaining your motivation for applying and how you meet the requirements outlined above
- A CV (in PDF format), max 3 pages
Only complete applications will be considered.
Thank you for your interest!