After the last appointment in December 2015 at CERN, we are proud to invite you to join the DPM workshop 2016 at LPNHE (Paris), organised with the kind support of the French DPM community.
DPM is one of the most important storage managers of the Grid environment. It is installed in roughly 160 sites, hosting more than 60PB of massively accessed data. One of the strongest aspects of DPM is the cooperation with the numerous system administrators that have deployed it, and the goal of the DPM workshop is to discuss the aspects that are related to it.
This last year has seen an intense development phase, with the aim of concluding the work on the DPM core components whose discussion started at the previous workshop. The evolution of DPM continues with items like making SRM optional together with the legacy libraries, directory-based space accounting and quotas, emphasising the consolidation of the technologies inside DPM. The emphasis on the setup continues.
Keeping the continuity from the discussions of last year, this appointment in LPNHE is dedicated to showing and discussing items like:
- current status of the implementation of the features
- a smooth transition plan to use DOME: the new DPM core
- preparing for VOs that will abandon SRM, still providing service and features
- current status of the deployment in sites
- points of view of the system administrators, that made DPM a successful system
- current status of the codebase
- new metapackage structure
- availability of the packages in the mainstream repositories
- federating DPMs using the Xrootd and HTTP protocols
Article contributed by Vincenzo Spinoso, Operations Officer, The EGI Foundation
Read more information.