The FedCloud client is a high-level Python package for a command-line client designed for interaction with the OpenStack services in the EGI infrastructure. The client can access various EGI services and can perform many tasks for users including managing access tokens, listing services, and mainly execute commands on OpenStack sites in EGI infrastructure.
The most notable features of FedCloud client are following:
- have wide ranges of useful commands, including checking access token, searching for services, listing sites and VOs, and interaction with OpenStack sites.
- can perform any OpenStack command on any site with only three parameters: the site, the VO and the command. For example, to list virtual machines (VM) images available to members of VO fedcloud.egi.eu on the site CYFRONET-CLOUD, run the following command:
$ fedcloud openstack image list --vo fedcloud.egi.eu --site CYFRONET-CLOUD
- can perform an action/command on all OpenStack sites in EGI infrastructure by specifying –site ALL_SITES.
- can be used in scripts for automation or called directly from Python codes
The webinar will provide tutorial and demonstration of using fedcloudclient in EGI Cloud infrastructure. The program is following:
- Installation and configuration of fedcloudclient
- Basic usages: interactions with tokens and services/sites, simple OpenStack commands
- Advanced usages: JSON outputs, scripting and Python programming