EGI highlights at DI4R 2017
The Digital Infrastructures for Research conference is just around the corner, taking place from 30 November to 1 December 2017 in Brussels.
Europe’s leading e-infrastructures, EGI, EUDAT, GÉANT, OpenAIRE, PRACE and RDA Europe, invite all researchers, developers and service providers for two days of brainstorming and discussions under the theme “Connecting the building blocks for Open Science”.
EGI is proud to participate with use cases and presentations in the following sessions and demos:
- National initiatives: this session, chaired by Tiziana Ferrari, will showcase how how national digital service providers supporting research and open science, are strategically getting organized nationally to increase cross-coordination, strategy making and sustainability.
- Special focus on Earth Observation: the session includes talks featuring EGI’s support for the Earth Observation field, such as our collaborations with Terradue and NextGEOSS.
- Building ENVRI-as-a-Service to the EOSC: chaired by Yin Chen, the session will focus on ways of connecting ENVRIs to the European Open Science Cloud.
- How to make EOSC services FAIR? Gergely Sipos and Diego Scardaci explore ways to develop FAIR services (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable), such as the EGI Marketplace.
- The future EOSC-hub Marketplace: This demonstration will introduce the EGI Marketplace and how it will be used in the EOSC-hub project and become the landing page for users of the European Open Science Cloud.
We look forward to greeting you in Brussels!