EGI is hiring: Senior Operations Officer
We are looking for a Senior Operations Officer to join the EGI Foundation – if you want to be our new colleague, send your application now to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Operations Officer is part of the EGI Foundation operations team reporting to the Operations Manager. They are responsible within the operations team for ensuring the EGI Federation delivers quality and trusted services that meet the technical and security requirements of its users, while ensuring its technical infrastructure is always current and deploys state of the art technology.
A Senior Operations Officer is expected to have significant experience and technical depth of activity of EGI’s operations activity.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities:
- To supervise the status of the EGI Federation global operational services and individual National Grid Initiative (NGI) operational services, identifying issues and contributing to the definition of future service development plans in collaboration with Operations
- To contribute to the implementation and continual improvement of the EGI Service Management System by contributing as activity member, process manager or in other roles as applicable.
- To participate (and where appropriate, lead) in working groups and tasks forces in the operations area.
- To liaise with EGI technology suppliers following technology issues affecting the EGI Federation, supporting its users and system administrators, and its technical evolution.
- To collaborate with partner digital research infrastructures at European and international level, to effectively support the provisioning distributing computing to international user communities…
The deadline for applications ends on 28 February.
Apply now and be part of our team!