The DataHub allows to:
- Bring data close to the computing to exploit it efficiently.
- Publish a dataset and make it available to a specific community or worldwide across federated sites.
The main features offered by the DataHub are:
- Discovery of data via a central portal.
- Access to data conforming to required policies which may be:
- unauthenticated open access;
- access after user registration or
- access restricted to members of a Virtual Organization (VO).
- Access to data via GUI, POSIX, CDMI
- Replication of data from data providers for resiliency and availability purposes. Replication may take place either on-demand or automatically.
- Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI) integration between the EGI DataHub and with other EGI components and with user communities existing infrastructure.
- Metadata and shares management
- Data import and data caching based on file popularity
- Support for many backends ( CEPH, S3, GlusterFS, POSIX, etc)
It is based on the Onedata technology.
You can access the service for evaluation using the PLAYGROUND shared space, or request support to publish your data and have dedicated storage assigned.
TRL 8 Actual system proven in operational environment.