EUreka3D aims to build the capacity of small cultural heritage institutions in digital transformation, particularly...
EUreka3D: Implementing DataHub and services in the Data Space for Cultural Heritage
To create 3D models of cultural heritage collections is a new challenge for Cultural Institutions. However, the next steps after digitisation also pose challenges about storage, visualisation and preservation of such 3D models and their accompanying information. What are the available solutions that cultural professionals can consider for their collections management workflows?
In this online demo event, we will present the status of development for EUreka3D Data Hub, a piloting action aiming to create e-infrastructure services for Cultural Institutions, including:
- Access to European computing and storage resources
- Methods on authorisation and authentication with different levels of interaction with users
- Visualisation tools for showcasing and sharing 3D models of different formats and size
- Publication of the services on the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC)
The demo will include examples of different 3D models digitised by EUreka3D content providers, to showcase some features of the Data Hub workflow.
- h. 10.30 Welcome, intro about the webinar, housekeeping (Frederik Temmermans, imec/VUB)
- h. 10.40 General presentation of EUreka3D (Antonella Fresa, Photoconsortium)
- h. 10.50 EUreka3D Data Hub: features and workflow (Ignacio Lamata Martinez, EGI)
- h. 11.30 Onboarding in EOSC the European Open Science Cloud (Renato Santana, EGI)
- h. 11.45 Q&A and conclusions (Valentina Bachi, Photoconsortium)
- h. 12.00 End of the webinar