The EGI Federated Cloud
The EGI Federated Cloud is a IaaS-type cloud, made of academic private clouds and virtualised resources and built around open standards. Its development is driven by requirements of the scientific community.
The result is a new type of research e-infrastructure, based on the mature federated operations services that make EGI a reliable resource for science.
When using EGI Federated Cloud resources, researchers and research communities can count on:
- Total control over deployed applications
- Elastic resource consumption based on real need
- Immediately processed workloads – no more waiting time
- An extended e-Infrastructure across resource providers in Europe
- Service performance scaled with elastic resource consumption